Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

The first 30 pages disturbed me. So I read into 60 pages, still bothered. Decided to just watch the movie instead (Swedish Version) Loved it, watched it 3 times, decided to give the book another attempt. Finished book and ending up enjoying it. I cannot say that I would recommend it to anybody because 1) The pedophile: it's not like the author just explains to us that he likes little boys, but goes into some sexual details that I really did not want to read. So if I actually recommended this book to anybody they would think that I enjoyed reading about this. Even though the book is not all about this character as he disappears in the 2 middle sections (most of the book) The book really leads into the story through him so he is a major part of the novel.
    I enjoyed the friendship that developed between Oskar and Eli. As is the plot line of this book. Oskar falling in love with Eli. Even though they have huge differences. It just comes back to the basics though of what Oskar sees in Eli and just falls for Eli just because there is a natural attraction and interest in each other. Support, caring and trust are huge storylines through this book with all of the characters that we see. And this book has several characters that we follow and then have it all wrap up in the end.  Overall 4 stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment